You’ve probably seen before and after photos of victories against acne all over Instagram and heard about a new magical solution to end all of your skin woes. Or perhaps you’ve seen long cues outside beauty stores, with people all clamoring for the same thing: Aztec Clay Masks. What exactly are they? But ultimately, are they really effective in getting rid of acne and blemishes?
We’ve gathered some information from different health and beauty sources to find out what’s the real score with this latest beauty craze.
Here are basics you need to know about the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay that is gaining popularity as the “world’s most powerful facial:”
- Does it contain chemicals? It’s all natural and its benefits have been known for centuries. It’s made from natural bentonite clay, which is an internal cleanser and a detoxifying agent. It removes all the toxic agents and wastes from the body. This clay has been used by over 200 cultures throughout the world. It is formed by the effect of weathering on volcanic ash in presence of water.
- Is it safe to use? Using aztec clay is safe and easy to use, as it contains only 100% natural calcium bentonite clay, free of any additives, fragrances, or animal products.
- How does it work? Bentonite can actually lure out the positive-charged contaminants on your skin, due to a ionic pull. It can also energize the body, and has an alkalinity of 9.7 pH. It will draw the blood flow towards the cheeks and T-zones of the face due to constricting the skin and tissues.
- What are its beauty and health benefits? Bentonite clay can also be used externally on skin for curing acne and skin rashes. It also helps in soothing muscle damage, carpel tunnel, bruises, cuts and wounds. Other skin ailments like eczema, psoriasis, bacterial and fungal infections can also be addressed, by applying a bentonite clay pack to the affected area of the skin. It’s an active ingredient in personal care products like facial creams, body lotions, anti-irritants, cleansers, cosmetic and other pharmaceutical products as well.
- Method for making the clay mask. The clay comes in powdered form, which is meant to be mixed with water or apple cider vinegar until it becomes a spreadable consistency. After smoothing onto the skin, the label recommends letting it sit for five to 15 minutes depending on your skin’s sensitivity.
Some people claim that their pores have gotten smaller, less oily, black and whiteheads gone, and most importantly, acne-prone skin has improved tremendously in less than a week. Here are some before and after photos from happy customers who bought the product on Amazon:
Intake of bentonite clay or it’s products is not recommended for expecting mothers and aged people. Consult your dermatologist before using the product on your skin.
http://www.thisisinsider.com, http://www.goodhealthacademy.com, http://www.goindiaorganic.com
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask is available in all Healthy Options branches for P525.